1 red onion (diced)
2 carrots (medium dice)
2 stick celery (diced)
3 cloves garlic (chopped)
½ red chilli (chopped)
3 bay leaves
2 tbsp dried oregano
Small bunch thyme
400g tin cannellini beans
400g tin borlotti beans
3 fresh tomatoes (roughly cut)
105 g cucumber
3 anchovy fillets
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lime
- Heat 2 tbsp rapeseed oil in a saucepan. Add the onions, celery, carrots and fry for 2 minutes then add the garlic and chilli. Fry for 3 minutes then add the peppers.
- Add the bay leaves, thyme and oregano. Let fry for 2 minutes then add in the passata.
- Add the beans and fresh tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Check for seasoning then add the spinach just as your serving.
For the salsa
- Chop the mint and coriander and place in a bowl.
- Cut the cucumber into small dice and add to the bowl.
- Roughly chop the jalapeno and chop the anchovy fillets then add to the bowl.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon and lime then pour into the mixing bowl.
- Mix well and serve with the bean soup
Don't forget to crush some tortilla chips over the soup! gives it an amazing crunch! Enjoy :)