Summer is coming and these super soft brioche buns are perfect for your BBQ burgers, pulled pork, grilled fish, or whatever you fancy! Easy to make and definitely worth it!
* 500ml tepid water
* 120ml warm milk
* 28g fast action yeast
* 2 tbsp sugar
* 1kg strong white bread flour
* 250g softened butter
* 2 tsp salt
* 5 eggs
* Sesame seeds
- In a jug measure the water, milk yeast and sugar. Stir and leave to activate for 10 minutes.
- Place flour, salt and butter into mixer with a dough hook attachment and mix until all the butter has broken into small pieces.
- Whilst it is still mixing on the lowest setting slowly pour in your yeast mix and then 4 eggs one at a time leaving each egg to thoroughly incorporate into the dough.
- At this point the dough will be very sticky and messy. Mix at a slightly higher speed from 10 - 15 minutes until the dough comes away from the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Lightly oil a bowl at least double the size of the amount of dough you have and place the dough into it until doubled in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, and divide into small golf ball size pieces or 85g pieces.
- Gently shape these pieces into smooth balls by placing your palm over them and rotating your hand, whilst the dough pulling on the table to become more elastic.
- After shaping place on a baking tray to prove for another hour in a warm place (I used egg rings to achieve that typical burger bun style).
- Using your final egg, beat it in a bowl with a pinch of salt and a tsp of honey if desired and brush over your proved buns.
- Finally sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Cook in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 13 minutes.