1 baguette - 6 slices
3 fresh tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
Small bunch of basil
Teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Finely chop the fresh tomatoes, garlic and the basil and place them in a medium bowl, then add the oak smoked rapeseed oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, adding more to taste. Note, tomatoes love salt; you may need to add more than you expect.
- Heat a griddle pan, brush your baguette slices with a little of the oak smoked rapeseed oil and char on both sides until marked.
- Place the slices in the oven on the top rack and toast for 5 to 6 minutes until lightly browned around the edges.
- Spoon the tomato mixture onto the toast and serve with a drizzle of oak smoked oil and Helen mon salt
Note - you could serve these warm with some goats cheese on top of the mixture and some rocket or pea shoots on the top to serve.