You will want to plan this recipe in advance as the brisket will be cooking for at least 6 hours but trust me it will be worth it.
Makes 8 hot dogs
1-kilo beef brisket
2 tbsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp cumin
1 stick cinnamon
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
2 chillies ( 1 if you don’t like as much kick )
2 tins chopped tomatoes
2 pack of 4x frankfurters sausages
For the Chilli
- Start by scoring the brisket in a criss-cross motion about an inch apart. Put it straight into a hot pan to sear the brisket. You want to get some good dark colour all over.
- In an ovenproof dish put in the Smoked paprika, oregano, cumin, cinnamon stick, salt, pepper, zest and juice of the lemon. Stir until it becomes a dark paste.
- Add the brisket to the ovenproof dish with all the spices in and mix the paste into all the cuts on the brisket.
- Roughly chop the onions, peppers and the chilli and place into the oven dish.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and half a tin of water.
- Add a handful of chopped coriander and place the lid on.
- Put it in the oven at 170°c and let it cook for around 6-7 hours. Once the meat is falling apart you'll know it's ready.
For the hot dogs
- Place the frankfurters into boiling hot water and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Cut the baguette in the portions, you should get 4 portions out of one baguette. Place into the oven for about 4 mins.
- Once the frankfurters are cooked pace into the baguettes and spoon on the chilli.
We love eating this with some nachos, sour cream, guacamole and chopped coriander over the chilli.
Enjoy and we hope you will get the same satisfaction out of this recipe as we do.