You can't go wrong with this one! Always goes down a treat and smiles all round. Get the little ones to help shape the meatballs. Make it fun for everyone.
Serves 4 (With a little left over for a slider)
10 clove garlic
2 tin chopped toms
Pinch chilli flakes
750g beef mince
6 cloves garlic - chopped
2 slices bread
40g parmesan plus extra
2 tsp oregano
3 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
Handful chopped parsley
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a saucepan and add the peeled garlic cloves. Fry for around 2 minutes on a medium heat. The cloves should get some colour.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, chilli flakes and 1 ½ tsp salt.
- Let simmer for around 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Soak the bread with cold water and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl. Drain the water from the bread that's been soaking then add to the mixing bowl. Get your hand dirty and mix well. (Fry a little of the mix in a frying to check for seasoning)
- Shape your meatballs then brown off in a frying pan. Place into an oven dish and cook for 15-20 minutes.
Tip - Deglaze the frying pan with some red wine and then add into your tomato sauce.
Tip- Cut thin slices of mozzarella and place on the meatballs with 5 minutes left to cook.
Serve with pasta of your choice, parmesan and basil. Enjoy :)