Makes 1 portion
1 kilo fresh tuna
2 teaspoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoon oak smoked rapeseed oil
2 teaspoons sesame seeds ( lightly toasted )
½ red onion
2 spring onions
- Combine all the ingredients except the tuna, spring onions and red onions into the mixing bowl and mix well
- Chop the onions and the spring onions and add to the mixing bowl.
- Brush the tuna steak with oak smoked rapeseed oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the tuna steaks in a very hot saute pan and cook for only 1 minute on each side.
- Once the tuna has cooled cut the tuna into chunks, add to the mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well and turn out onto a platter to serve.
- Finish with a drizzle of the oak smoked rapeseed oil.
Note - We love to add a poached egg to this dish