Blodyn Aur - Welsh Rapeseed Oil
Blodyn Aur is the first truly Welsh Rapeseed Oil - Welsh grown, Welsh pressed and Welsh bottled! Launched in April 2010, Blodyn Aur is run by farmers and friends Llyr Jones, Bryn Jones and Medwyn Roberts. Together they have set-up a modern oil pressing facility on Llyr’s farm near the village of Llanfihangel Glyn Myfyr near Corwen.
Blodyn Aur is the superior choice when it comes to health, taste and cooking with a milder enhancing flavour and it adds a wonderful golden colour to food.
Blodyn Aur benefits include:
- Cold-pressed to protect and enhance the oil’s goodness and quality.
- Rich in omega-3, vitamin E and with less than half the saturated fat of olive oil.
- Pleasant aroma with a light nutty taste with no greasy aftertaste.
- High smoking point makes it ideal for roasting, baking, pan-frying and stir-frying.
- Good viscosity for cold dishes such as dressings and dips.
We love to use this as an alternative to olive oil in some recipes to liven up the dish!